Things to Do & See
ActivitiesThe Inn at Mountain View Farm is a founding member of Vermont's Kingdom Trails, an innovative community effort that links a network of more than 100 miles of remarkable hiking, mountain biking, fat biking, cross country ski and snow shoe trails throughout the region.
The Inn at Mountain View Farm is a founding member of Vermont’s Kingdom Trails, an innovative community effort that links a network of more than 100 miles of remarkable hiking, mountain biking, fat biking, cross country ski and snow shoe trails throughout the region.
Inn guests have free access to these trails right from the Inn’s doorstep and many of these trails traverse the Inn’s 440 scenic acres.
The Inn’s property is also home to the Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary. Inn guests can visit with miniature Sicilian donkey Emmy; Holstein steers Ben and Jerry; horses Tux, Leander, Lexi, Grace, Buckles, Sassy and Pasha; sheep Melvin; goats Pepper, Lily and Luke; and other friendly farm animals whose lives were saved by Sanctuary founder and Inn owner Dr. John Pastore.
In addition to the activities at the Farm, guests can drive 10 minutes to Burke Mountain – a major alpine ski resort; visit Fairbanks Museum or Cabot Creamery; shop for antiques and Vermont made products in St. Johnsbury; golf, fish, swim, or canoe on pristine lakes… or simply enjoy our spectacular views.
At The Inn Enjoy…
- Friendly farm animals at the Mountain View Farm Animal Sanctuary.
- Kingdom Trails – access trails from our doorstep
- Hiking, mountain biking, or bicycling
- Tractor Rides
- Lawn bowling, croquet, and volleyball
- Games and puzzles in our parlour
- Organic vegetable garden, perennial and herb gardens
- Relaxing in our Adirondack Chairs
- A gourmet picnic with spectacular mountain views
- Take a class in our Yoga barn
- Roast marshmallows at our fire pit
Nearby Attractions Include:
- Burke Mountain (5 min. away) – A major alpine, snowboard and cross country ski resort with a 2,011 ft. vertical drop, 45 trails, snow-making, 250 acres for skiing and an average annual snowfall of 250″
- Lake Willoughby (20 min. away) – A deep glacial lake famed for its natural beauty – to kayak & canoe, swim and fish
- St. Johnsbury Country Club (15 min. away) – Championship 18-hole golf course!
- Visiting local microbreweries
- Stephen Huneck Art Gallery & Dog Chapel
- Cabot Creamery tour
- Maple Grove Farm Museum
- Catamount Arts for films & concerts
- The Serenity Spa
- Corn Maze
- Snowmobiling on the Vast Trail
- Swimming and canoeing at Crystal Lake
- Northeast Kingdom Country Store
- Hot-Air Ballooning
- East Burke Sports for ski, mountain bike, boating rental equipment
- Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium – including birding and nature walks
- St. Johnsbury Athenaeum & Art Gallery
- Auctions and Antiques shopping
- Shopping for Vermont-made specialty products in nearby St. Johnsbury
- Seasonal craft fairs
- Perennial Pleasures Nursery
- Kayaking on the Clyde River
- Old Stone House Museum in Brownington